Friday, February 26, 2010

Hilarity in the Random Dungeon Finder

Story time!

I almost always queue with Pilaser and Tiglath in the dungeon finder, so they can get the benefit of my instant queues and I can be assured of both having a majority of the party and a healer/DPS that knows what they're doing. We find ourselves in Forge of Souls; not bad, trash is pretty light, bosses aren't very hard, and some good epics drop in there that Pilaser could use.

Upon zoning in, we find ourselves with a warrior and a hunter. They're both from different realms, and they both have names that aren't absolutely ridiculous, so I assume that we're going to have a pretty good run.

Everything goes well, up until we reach the room of death. 4 casters, in 4 opposites corners, vs. a bear tank that has no way of silencing=aggro hell. I type into party chat.

"Please only attack my target."

I charge. The hunter immediately opens up on the caster in the opposite corner from where I'm at.

/facepalm

The warrior, Pilaser, and I, proceed to burn down each one while Tiglath frantically works to keep the idiot hunter alive. When the pull is over, I ask:

"Hey, -Idiothunter-, why did you not attack my target?"

-Idiothunter-"If. You. Do. Not. Mark. I. Will. Not."

Ok. I don't know about you, but that pisses me off to even remember it. And apparently my beloved guildies agreed, because we votekicked that ***hole within the next 10 seconds. The warrior, wisely, said nothing.

It amuses me to think that someone refusing the follow the tank's instructions on a pull where aggro is difficult to handle has got the guts to try and call the tank out over not marking. I could have, sure, but I hope that attacking the mob closest to a giant pink bear isn't that strenuous of a task. And it was the FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT I. WILL. USE. PERIODS. AFTER. EVERY. WORD. that really made the red haze descend. I wonder if he didn't notice that three of the party members were from the same realm and guild and thus would OBVIOUSLY support each other.

Seeing "The vote to kick -Idiothunter- has passed." was extremely satisfying, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment