Friday, January 15, 2010

Would you like that frostbolt with a side of Deep Freeze?

Deep Freeze. The most wonderfully useless ability (in PVE, at least) ever conceived by Blizzard.

Other than Sentry Totem, of course. I'd hate to take that honor away from it.

But now...now Deep Freeze crits regularly for 20,000 damage even when cast by my terrily undergeared mage. And let me tell you, there's nothing more fun then seeing Fingers of Frost proc, then throwing off two frostbolts and whacking your Deep Freeze hotkey.

"IMMUNE!" screams the text floating merrily above a mobs head, shortly followed by a crazy amount of damage. It's a lovely thing to watch.

You see, the fun thing about Frost, to me at least, is all the cool, shiny procs we get. Fingers of Frost and Brain Freeze procs always make my DPS meters do a little dance of purest joy. It's cool to weave in a fireball, ice lance, or deep freeze with your never-ending stream of frostbolts.

Don't take my word as gospel, though, dear non-existent readers. I'm probably doing something terribly wrong. Go poke Euripedes at Critical QQ and I'm sure he will be far more helpful than I.

Good night! I'm going to try and run a bunch of heroics tonight, so I may have my first fail PUG story to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment