Friday, April 16, 2010

Soloing Northrend: Ahn'kahet, the Old Kingdom

I write these posts as I'm doing the instance, so at this moment I have no idea if I'm going to survive. I guess that there's only one way to find out!

Ahn'kahet, the Old Kingdom

This place is so truly, truly cool. I wish Blizzard had actually implemented it as a zone. I like the blue spectral bats a lot, too.



Buff up and run down the spiderwebs. Go into cat. Survey your surroundings. Now bypass all those 20k damage shadowbolts with ease. There are no beginning guards in normal Ahn'kahet.



No huge ugly flesh-constructs either. At least, not yet.



Stick to the edges, and you'll easily make your way to some annoying swarmers. And the first boss, of course. Elder Nadox is fairly simple--swipe the adds into oblivion and shift your focus to the guardian as soon as it spawns, just like on heroic mode.



Here, Brood Plague is the greatest threat, dealing over 1000 damage every 3 seconds. And it's a disease, so you can't cure it.



I got to around 30k health, but he went down without me having to use more than Barkskin.



Onwards, now, to the second of the Cullens, Prince Taldaram. You will have to kill the second and third groups of Plundering Geists, as they go up the web ramps to the orbs that dispel this boss' shield. The groups of four guarding the orbs are mildly threatening--they do a lot of magic damage. Maul and swipe will destroy them before your health drops far enough to be worrying, however.



Kill them, pop the orbs, and sneak your way to the San'alyn. Time to see if that blood drain still works when you're solo...

Well. It does. And he killed me, just like his brother. /sigh

I'll try again, for your sake!




YES! YES! Mark of the Wild made all the difference, as did a good survival instincts+frenzied regeneration+runic healing potion.It was damn close. I have 2k hitpoints when he keeled over. But at least I can keep going through Ahn'kahet!

/happy dance

Sneak your way to Jedoga Shadowseeker, say a brief prayer, and dive in. Try and use Barkskin right after the worshiper gets sacrificed-it's almost impossible to kill them in time. I found her extremely easier--much more so than Taladram.



Onto the final boss!



If you tank Herald Volazj in the absolute western corner of the room, you do not have to do the trash. Barkskin during Mind Flay, and if you're getting low on health, root your double during the insanity and heal yourself up. It can't do much damage, anyhow.



That's it! Grats on soloing Ahn'kahet!

No comments:

Post a Comment